Dr. Gottlieb’s Resume
I am a general dentist with advanced residency training in the management of the apprehensive, unmanageable and medically compromised patient. I utilize every modality from tender loving care to general anesthesia.
- ADA Champion of Evidence Based Dentistry. July 2011
- Dentistry Today Leader in Continuing Education. 2011, 2012 & 2013.
- Long Island Academy of Odontology.
- Dental Care for the Apprehensive: Est. 1985
- Founder and C.E.O. Affordable Dental Products Inc. 1987
- Certified Medical Hypnotherapist. Institute of Medical Hypnosis 2002
- Anesthesia Residency Long Island Jewish Medical Center 1983-1984
- General Practice Residency Long Island Jewish Medical Center 1982-1983
- D.D.S. 1982 SUNY Buffalo. with Honors.
- B.S. with Thesis Honors 1978
Union College, Schenectady, N.Y.
- Honors: Dentistry Today 2011 Leaders in CE
- O.K.U. Omicron Kappa Upsilon.
- Glen H. Leak Memorial Summer Fellowship
For study in Oncology .
- American Academy of Oral Medicine Certificate of Merit.
- 1982 New York State 036840-1
- NY State Anesthesia permit.
- Stony Brook University Hospital Department of Hospital Dentistry and Dental Anesthesiology.
- Stony Brook University Assistant Professor.
- Professional Societies: ADA American Dental Association.
- Long Island Academy of Odontology
- “NSAIDs Good Decadron Better” Today’s FDA Feb/March 2018
- “Airway Management of Sedated Patients.” Today’s FDA March/April 2015 pgs. 44-47
- “Restoring the Difficult Class II with Composite” Today’s FDA March/April 2013 pgs. 18-19
- “Air Abrasion Enhanced Multi-Surface Bonding.” Inside Dentistry Oct. 2012 pgs. 90-92
- ADA Peer 2 Peer – Tips from practicing dentists on using products to the best advantage. 7/17/12 http://editiondigital.net/publication/?i=117057 p:6-7.
- “All-ceramic treatment options.” DT Today 12/30/2011 pg 6.
- “A simple tool to use for accurate dental impressions.” DE Expert Tips and Tricks. http://www.dentistryiq.com/index/display/article-display/4675248282/articles/dentisryiq/practice-management/experts-tips_and_tricks/2011/10/A_simple_tool_to_use_for_accurate_dental_impressions.html
- “ Impression Trifecta: Three Tools and Tips for Better Impressions.Today’s FDA March/April 2011 p:57-61 pub med summary or article
- “Successful Treatment of the Pediatric patient with Oral Sedation and Hypnosis: A Case Report.” Today’s FDA January/February 2011 p:17-21
- “The solution to the difficult Class II composite Restoration.”
Today Greater New York Dental Meeting 11/29,2010 pg. 12
- “The 5th Hand: a simple tool to use for accurate dental impressions.”
Today Greater New York Dental Meeting 11/28,2010 pg 22
- “Using an old technique with modern materials to fabricate esthetic Temporaries” JADA Vol.130 January 1999
- “Treating the Pregnant Patient” Nassau County Dental Society Vol 2 No. 5 May/June 1997
- “Syncope – Don’t Get Caught With Your Eyes Closed” Bulletin of the Nassau County Dental Society Vol 3 No. 3 Jan/Feb 1998
- “Asthma and the Dentist” Bulletin of the Nassau County Dental Society Vol1 No. 5 May/June 1996
- “Accurate dies and well-fitting crowns using Three-in-one all plastic trays.” Dental Economics January 1996 pgs. 102-104
- “Office Emergencies: Allergic Reactions” Bulletin of the Nassau County Dental Society vol.1 no.1 Sept/Oct 1995
- “Simplified Impression –Taking Technique.” Dental Economics December 1994
- “The Pre-operative and Pre-anesthetic value of Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK)” Newsletter New York State Dental Society of Anesthesiology Vol.15 No. 1 January 1985
- “Penny-wise, crown-foolish? “ ADA News
- Others available upon request.
Patents & Trade Marks
- Crystal Tray Impression System.
- TM “Cavi-tees” molar shaped golf tees.
- Dam-it Post Dam Membrane
- Lock-N-Reload Impression Cartridge Coupler
- ABC Contact Wedge System